Saturday 6 May 2017

INTERVIEW OF CHAITALI BANGRE - AUTHOR OF ITNI SI BAAT

AUTHOR INTERVIEW

1.) A few words about you
I am a simple half full girl. I find happiness in tiny things, I find happiness in a child’s laughter and I find happiness in being myself. I always feel that self-worth is an essential key pampering you with the life’s delicacies. Yes, it might appear tough, but every single bite of it every day for yourself is an endorsement that will ignite the stars in you. That’s the reason I describe myself as half full.
2.)What is the purpose of your writing?
To let people know the social dilemmas along with their answers. No one is interested in having open discussions about the social privacy and policies. So, I always make it a point that those fillers should be added in my write-ups!
3.)Do you remember your first piece of writing? If yes, can I know when was it and on what was your writing about?
Duhhh ahhh! Yes, I do! My first write-up was based on a real-life incident that happened in Nagpur. I won’t reveal much about it as it had many nightmares which were hard to digest. Still, I think I’ve grown up a little more after this…
4.)What would you like to say about your recently published novel “ITNI SI BAAT”?
It’s my second child whom I would love to raise very special! Bus, “ITNI SI BAAT”
5.)Who is your inspiration?
Not souls, but incidents inspire me!
6.) Your views on love and relationship?
When it comes to love and relationships, we’re all seeking that special person who is right for us. But, if you have had read enough stories, you start suspecting even the right flavours. Also, I feel this that sometimes you actually have to wait for that wrong person for all the right reasons, someone you lovingly gaze upon and say, “Yes! He is my dilute solution to kill another microorganism.”
7.)A few words about your first book “WAY TO FALL”
You know I always have that habit of not calling ‘my people’ (especially the ones whom I like) by their real names. Instead, I use a pseudo name for them. Similarly, when I wanted to write “Kabir”, I gave him a very special name, Mr.Honcho! It made me live his character through those pink glasses. Talking about the leading lady’s character, Aiyesha, I thought it was me, who was dealing with all those zig-zag modes. Her dreams, her fantasies, her relationships and her “LOVE”, everything had a life! This first book of mine is soooo special in sooo many ways. It actually made people believe that “Yes! Love and dreams both can go together!”.
8.)Are there any books that have been published apart from “WTFILAD” AND “ISB”
Na! So far, I’ve come up with these two! Let’s see what my destiny holds for me..(in the context of writings!)
9.)How was this journey of becoming a published author?
An amalgamation of ‘a bit- of- this’ and ‘a bit- of- that’.Or in general terms, an entangling mathematical equation that needed quick solutions with the right answers. But, today when I look back, I feel that each failure has taught me something incredibly valuable.
12.)Do you prefer reading ebooks or paperbacks? Why?
Not a specific answer to this! Both the options work!
13.)Who is an author according to you?
Someone whom his readers can connect to and say, “Hey, that’s my story!”
14.) Why did you choose this story to be written as a novel?
Because I wanted people to know that ‘real-life heroes’ still prevail in today’s reel- realities!
15.)Which is your favourite novel and why?
Elaine Williams’s, “Seeking the Taj” and Ravinder Singh’s, “Your dreams are mine now”. Reason being, they had a social message to convey!
16.)Who is your favourite author and why?
Ravinder Singh because his books amount to - letting a person be what he really is..
17.)What is your favourite genre? Specific reason for it being favourite?
Being a girl, I always enjoy writing “LOVE STORIES” because this genre gives you total freedom to be yourself-and especially to feel, or not feel. I always say this, that whenever I go on writing something, those pseudo clouds in me paint my imagination in red!
18.)If you were asked to choose only 3 books to have with you, what will your books be?
Choosing books for me is made up of three unconditional properties in equal measure: a spiritual book which I read, “Way to fall in love and dreams” and, “ITNI SI BAAT”..Remove any one of the three and the triangle falls apart.
19.)If you were in Tara’s position, whom would you choose?
You know, whenever I think about this, my mind answers, “It’s really hard in figuring out what you're willing to give up in order to do the things you really care about”. Had I been in her position, I would have let my heart decide everything simultaneously.
20.)When can we expect your next book? Any hints about the same?
Hahahaaaa…a mysterious laugh! Let the right time come…
21.)What is the reason for choosing the title of your book in hindi while the rest were in english?
I remember the day when we thought about different titles for the book. But, none of them were meeting with our ‘character’ requirements. Later, when I had a discussion with Mirza Sir and Mirza Ma’am, they had only a 3-word title to give, “ITNI SI BAAT”...So, credit in their sack! People say this title has affection and emotions in itself and it actually makes me happy..Even today it still catches attention!
22.)A piece of advice for the budding poets and authors?
Your writing skills are the greatest weapons and it makes you so elusive, so attractive and so dangerous. So, don’t give up even in the strong winds, surely, you are going to find a beaming sun one day!
23.)Where can your readers contact you?
Keep nudging me in the world of digital media..Facebook, instagram, twitter, and catch me anywhere… if you can!
24.)Finally, a few words to your readers? 
“Kuch tum kaho, kuch hum kahe, aur yeh kaarwaaa…aise hi chalta rahe”
   


No comments:

Post a Comment